A mixed combination, this smoothie contains:
- half an apple, cut into large pieces,
- one cup of strawberries,
- half a cup of blueberries,
- a small handful of kale,
- some orange juice and
- some greek yoghurt.
For a dairy-free version, replace the yoghurt with ice.
1 medium ripe banana (previously peeled, sliced and frozen (~3/4 cup)
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (or sub blueberries)
1 heaping Tbsp hulled hemp seeds (organic if possible)
2 cups frozen or fresh kale, any kind
2/3 cup 100% pomegranate juice
3/4 – 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- Pomegranate juice really makes this recipe and seems to hide the kale best. I’ve tried it with orange and cherry and they didn’t do the job quite as well! Sub substitute as you see fit.
- Adding a bit of almond milk ups the creaminess.
- 1 Tbsp of almond butter would add even more staying power.