Puffed Apple Pancake | Garden Betty:
...a cross between a souffle and an omelette.
- Dutch baby pancake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Makes 2 to 4 servings
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup butter
3 medium apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Combine the brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
In a deep, ovenproof 10-inch pan (or a shallow, ovenproof 12-inch pan) over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the apples and stir to coat.
The apples should just fill the pan to the top.
Sprinkle half the brown sugar over the apples and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well combined.
Whisk in the flour and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until smooth.
Pour the batter evenly over the apples and sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the pancake is puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Serve the pancake in the pan with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Puff Pancakes aka Dutch Babies | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch:
- Apples and Autumn: A Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby | Dearest Nature:
- Low-Carb Puff Pancake ~ Faithfulness Farm:
- Kitchen Parade: Dutch Apple Puff:
- Vanilla Dutch Baby (Puffed Pancake) Recipe : Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network:
- German Pancake Recipe : Food Network Kitchen : Food Network:
'via Blog this'