Upside Down Orange and Blueberry Polenta Cake | Many Kitchens:
Upside Down Orange and Blueberry Polenta Cake
Serves 6-8 people
Ingredients and Supplies:
1 1/3 cup of sugar
3 cups of blueberries
2 large eggs
The zest of 1 large orange (I just substituted a Honeybell wherever the recipe calls for an orange)
2/3 cup of freshly squeezed orange
2/3 cup of olive oil (not extra virgin)
1/2 cup of polenta
1 1/4 cup of all purpose white flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Heat the oven to 350F/176C.
2. Grease and line the pan (I use an 8 x 8 inch pan) with the parchment paper hanging over the edges.
3. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of sugar over the base then cover with the blueberries.
4. In a large bowl, mix the eggs with 1 cup of sugar and the orange zest.
5. Whisk until mixed then add the orange juice and olive oil and continue mixing.
6. Add polenta, flour, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
7. Pour over the blueberries and bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes (insert a skewer and test - skewer should come out clean when cake is done).
8. It should be a nice golden brown on top and still springy to the touch.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes and then invert over a plate and remove the pan and gently peel off the parchment paper.
'via Blog this'