- Mayo-Free Chicken Salad With Kimchi, Ginger, and Scallions | Serious Eats
- The Best Classic Chicken Salad | Serious Eats
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
Slice 1 lemon into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices.
Place chicken in zipper-lock bags or vacuum bags and add whole tarragon sprigs and lemon slices.
Remove air from zipper-lock bags by closing the bags, leaving the last inch of the top un-sealed.
Slowly lower into a pot of water, sealing the bag completely just before it fully submerges.
If using a vacuum bag, seal according to manufacturer instructions.
- Add 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest from remaining lemon to a large bowl.
Add mayonnaise, mustard, minced tarragon leaves, parsley, chives, red onion, celery, and garlic and mix with a rubber spatula.
Keep refrigerated until chicken is ready.
- When chicken is cooked, cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes and add to bowl with mayonnaise.
Fold gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add more mayonnaise, mustard, or lemon juice to taste if desired.
Serve with lettuce or in sandwiches.