Cherry clafoutis: Recipes: Good Food Channel
160 g plain flour
160 g butter, melted and cooled
300 ml milk
120 g caster sugar
2 vanilla pods, split lengthways
60 g butter
400 g perfectly ripe cherries, stoned and with stalk removed
Generous pinch of granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork, then lightly beat in the flour.
Whisk in the cooled melted butter, then gradually whisk in the milk followed by the sugar.
With the point of a knife, scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pods and add them to the mixture.
- Cut 20g of the butter into small pieces, set aside.
Use the remaining 40g to generously grease an ovenproof dish, about 22cm in diameter and 3-4cm deep.
Spread the cherries evenly over the base of the dish, then pour the batter mixture over them.
- Carefully transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Lower the oven setting to 180°C/gas 4, and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Scatter the reserved butter pieces evenly over the top of the clafoutis and bake for another 5 minutes, or until set.
To check, carefully insert the point of a sharp knife in the middle, if it comes out clean, the clafoutis is cooked.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Serve the clafoutis warm, from the baking dish.